Having headaches post your long runs, bikes or swims? In a previous tip, we saw one way of getting rid of headaches. Here is another way:
Many runners run with lot of tension and stiffness in the upper body including the shoulders and neck – this can cause headaches after your runs.
Try to run with the upper body relaxed. And do the followed upper-body stretches post your run:
- Tilt head slowly from side to side:
- Nod head slowly up and down:
- Rotate your head clockwise and counter-clockwise.
- Use one hand, pull the other arm towards you so that the elbow touches your chest. Keep the elbow high and straight. Repeat with both arms.
- Upper back stretch – keep elbows close together, and high, palms facing skyward.
- Shoulder and arm stretch – as shown below:
Include these stretches in your post-run routine and see if makes a difference!
Have your own tips and tricks to share? Share them via email to email@example.com