Improve your proprioception (perception or awareness of the position and movement of the body), ankle strength and stability with the following single leg balance exercises. Do each variation for 30 seconds on each leg. Do them barefoot on a level surface.
- Simple single leg balance
- Single leg balance with eyes closed
- Single leg balance while moving head up/down and sideways
- Single leg balance while rotating head clockwise and anti-clockwise alternately.
- Single leg balance while throwing and catching a ball again a wall.
- Single leg balance with your free leg swinging back and forth as if you are running.
Make sure to keep your hands away from your body. Do not place them on your hips, and do not hold your hands together.